July 13-17 or July 20-24, 2020
The 2020 day/twilight camps are going virtual. Get ready to grab your electronic device this summer for some virtual Cub Scout camp fun! Even though the camp is virtual, it is also intended to be a chance for the Scouts to get up, create things, get moving and do activities outdoors again.
The free virtual Cub Scout camp is a council-hosted event for Cub Scouts entering 1st through 5th grade for the 2020-2021 school year.
There is no registration fee. Registrants will receive links to the live events being held through Zoom on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 1:00 - 2:00 pm. The live events will include ceremonies, special guests and a service project.
Register for July 13-17 Register for July 20-24
Cub Scouts can work on three rank specific adventures or electives during the week. Cub Scouts have the option of finishing up requirements from last school year and/or beginning requirements for the next school year.
Tigers (1st grade)
Wolf (2nd grade)
(click for requirements)
Resources / Supply List
| Germs Alive
| Adventures in Coins
||US Mint Video
Money Song: Show me the money
Adventures in Coins Guide
| Hometown Heroes
• 1 bowl or container for each person
• 1 Straight plastic straw for each person
• Water (clean, drinking water)
• Paper, cut into about 1-inch squares or circles
Pour water into each container, large shallow ones work best. Put paper pieces on the surface of the water. Use your straw to pick up and “rescue” as many pieces of paper as you can in a given amount of time (10 seconds). Have fun!
Pipe Cleaner Heroes, optional
Challenge: customize the capes with one of the Scout Laws you feel a Hometown Hero would live!
- Pipe cleaners
- Felt, for capes or leftover cotton fabric, solid color, lighter to draw or decorate
- Straws – we used paper straws, but regular straws are just fine (and much cheaper)
- Googly eyes or use pencil, or paint
- Pony beads
- Wooden beads – 3/4 inch diameter beads (Joann's, Michael's, Hobby Lobby has them or can be ordered here
- Tacky Glue
- Hot glue
- Markers – we used Sharpie oil-based paint markers. They bleed less on wood than regular Sharpies, pencils, or paint
Bears (3rd grade)
Webelos Scouts (4th & 5th grade)
Outdoor Sports Day
Cub Scouts are also encouraged to attend a one-day Outdoor Sports Day being held at one of our council camps to supplement the virtual day camp event. Activities offered will include BB guns, archery, water activities, fishing and a day camp closing ceremony.
Learn More About Outdoor Sports Day
Covid-19 Updates Scouting at Home Rank Advancement Updates