Sam Houston Area Council Council and District Activities Refund Policy
Refund requests will only be considered if submitted in writing and mailed to Sam Houston Area Council, 2225 North Loop West, Houston, Texas, 77008
The following policy statement is applicable to all council and district activities where a fee is collected by the Sam Houston Area Council, Boy Scouts of America.
- All refund requests will only be considered if made in writing.
- Prior to the activity taking place, a service charge of twenty-five percent (25%) of the activity fee plus any non-refundable deposits will be assessed on all refunds to cover the costs incurred in preparation of the activity and processing the refund.
- Written refund requests submitted after the activity will be considered only for personal illness or family emergencies. No refund requests will be accepted after ten (10) days following the end of the activity.
- Consideration for a full refund will be considered for special hardship cases.
- Refunds to checks or to credit cards will be issued to the individual or entity paying the original fee within 30 days of receipt of the request pending its approval.
- Unit paid fees are only transferable within the same unit to a Scout or adult leader not currently registered for that specific activity.
- If an activity is canceled or postponed and the participant cannot participate during the alternate date, the full fee will be refunded.
- For major activities that require a non-refundable deposit, such as council contingents to the National Jamboree, Philmont and summer camp, a full refund less the non-refundable deposit and any contractual agreements signed at the time of the request and the Council's ability to fill the slot with another participant will be considered.
This refund policy became effective on August 1, 2008.